OUR MISSION & VISION
Long Way Home's mission as a registered US 501(c)3 is to use sustainable design and materials to construct self-sufficient schools that promote education, employment and environmental stewardship.
Our vision is to empower communities to break the cycle of poverty through innovative solutions to local challenges.
Long Way Home considers the following values integral to our operations:
- Every person has a responsibility to fight poverty.
- We learn by doing and lead by example.
- Ethical and responsible financial management lead to higher impact.
- Learning is a lifelong process and flows in both directions, from us to our partner communities and from our partner communities to us.
- The future of the planet is affected by our daily decisions.
- There are leaders in all of us.